Hello, Bell City CrossFit!
New month, new strength cycle!! As we mentioned last week, this month, we'll start seeing wave loading for the Power Clean, Bench Press, and Overhead or Front Squat. We will see these movements once a week in a strength session that will gradually build us to heavy doubles and then finish off with a 1RM attempt. This week, we'll see 10-8-6-8-6-4 Power Cleans on Tuesday, Bench Press on Wednesday and Overhead or Front Squats on Saturday before the benchmark workout "Think Pink".
Monday, we'll work on some single leg squats and jump rope while Thursday will include a For Quality EMOM building our gymnastics upper body pulling strength (strict pull ups + DB rows).
October also kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Don't forget to sign up to participate & donate to Saturday's Breast Cancer Awareness WOD + Fundraising Event benefiting the Beekley Center at Bristol Hospital! This event is open to BCCF Members & Non-Members, so please help us spread the word and let's raise some money for a great cause!
And don't forget your BURPEES!! Day #18 today, who's still with us???
Have a fantastic first week of October, Bell City!
Here's your weekly rundown:
• MONDAY: (EFFORT) Practice Single Leg Squats + Every 3:00 x 5 Sets, Jump Rope, Bike, Pistols or Air Squats
• TUESDAY: (HEAVY) 10-8-6-8-6-4 Power Cleans + 8 Rounds for Time Hang Power Cleans, Toes to Bar, Up Down over Bar
• WEDNESDAY: (EFFORT) 10-8-6-8-6-4 Bench Press + On a 12:00 Running Clock max cal Row, every 2:00 including 0:00 complete reps of Push Press
• THURSDAY: (GRIND) EMOM x 25 Minutes Cardio, Strict Pull-ups, DB Rows, DB Deadbugs
• FRIDAY: (GRIND) Every 7:00 x 4 Sets: Run, Walking Lunges, Sit-ups with Partner Option Available!
• SATURDAY: (SPRINT) Breast Cancer Awareness WOD + Fundraiser - "Think Pink" + 10-8-6-8-6-4 Overhead or Front Squats. Register & Donate in advance HERE!!
• 100-Day Burpee Challenge: Thursday, September 14th through Friday, December 22nd!!
• Saturday, October 7th: Breast Cancer Awareness WOD + Fundraiser. Register & Donate in advance HERE!!
• Thursday, October 12th: Ofc. Hamzy & Sgt. DeMonte Hero WOD "GOOD" programmed for all group classes on the 1-year anniversary of their passing. Donations encouraged to the Fund the First fundraiser to benefit the Officer's families.
• Save the Date: Halloween Trunk or Treat/Party, Saturday, October 28th
• Saturday, November 11th: Hero WOD: "Chad". Extra Credit post workout prep coming soon!
• (1) Gymnastics Skill Day
• (1) Overhead Squat Day (Wave Loading)
• (1) Bench Press Day (Wave Loading)
• (1) Power Clean Day (Wave Loading)
• (2-3) Moderate Time Domains
• (1-2) Short Time Domains
• (1-2) Long Time Domains
• (2-3) Benchmark Retests
• (1) Partner Workout Option on Saturdays
October Strength Cycle
• Power Clean / Overhead Squat / Bench Press
• W1 - 10-8-6-8-6-4
• W2 - 8-6-4-6-4-2
• W3 - 6-4-2-4-3-2
• W4 - 10-8-6
• W5 - Test Power Clean / Overhead Squat / Bench Press
Schedule your no-sweat intro
Bell City CrossFit is a local CrossFit gym in Bristol, CT. Schedule a no-sweat intro to tour our facility!Schedule No Sweat Intro