Thank you everyone who came out last weekend for the Trunk or Treat & Halloween Bash! 👻 What a great turnout, and it was nice to see everyone "dressed up" for the evening! Best costume award will be presented soon! Check out some photos on our Flickr Photostream.
Note: highs are in the upper 40s-50s this week! What a swing! There are Farmer's Carries programmed for Wednesday and running on Thursday. Bundle up & wear your layers! 🥶
This week, we are heading into Week 5 of our wave loading strength cycle and we'll be testing out a 1-rep heavy Bench Press and Power Clean. Our Overhead or Front Squat test out will be pushed to next week,(11/7) to make room for the super spooky Halloween workout "Witch Way" 🧙♀️ programmed for Tuesday. This is a For Time chipper style workout with Power Snatches, Hang Clean & Overhead, Burpees and Rowing...SPOOOOOKY!
We'll be heading into our November Strength Cycle next week, taking us through the end of the year. This wave loading cycle will include exposure to the Front or Back Squat, Push Jerk and Deadlift. We will work in 1 Oly day during the week to keep things snappy and get more frequency under a heavy Oly bar.
Burpee Challengers, today is Day #46!! We'll be hitting the half-way mark this Thursday, 11/2. At the half-way mark, we will have completed 1,275 burpees since the start of the challenge with only 3,775 left to go on our way to Day 100! Keep checking those boxes! ✅
Here's your weekly rundown:
• MONDAY: (SPRINT) On a 20:00 Running Clock...Build to a 1-Rep Bench Press + Every 3:00 x 3-Sets Box Jumps, Wallballs
• TUESDAY: (EFFORT) Workout of the Week, "Witch Way" For Time Power Snatches, Hang Clean & Overhead, Burpees, Rowing...BOO! 🎃
• WEDNESDAY: (GRIND) Practice Toes to Bar + `2-Sets for Time Farmer's Carry, Double Unders, Bike, Toes to Bar
• THURSDAY: (EFFORT) Light Power Clean skill session (practice for Friday's test out) + AMRAP x 18 Minutes Run, Push-Ups, Run, Walking Lunges (weight vest optional!)
• FRIDAY: (HEAVY) On a 20:00 Running Clock...Build to a 1-Rep Power Clean + EMOM x 10 Pull-Ups & Power Cleans
• SATURDAY: (EFFORT) Koffee & Kettlebells Bring a Friend!! "Infinity Loop" Push Press + Up Downs --> Burpees --> Bar Facing Burpees + Sweet Finisher!
• • 100-Day Burpee Challenge: DAY 46!! Thursday, September 14th through Friday, December 22nd!!
• Saturday, November 4th: Koffee & Kettlebells! Bring a Friend for a repeat workout, "Infinity Loop" with Partner Option available. Friends REGISTER HERE!
• Saturday, November 11th: Hero WOD: "Chad". 90-Minute Class times (8am, 9:30am) Check SugarWOD for Extra Credit post workout prep on Sunday this week 800/500 Alt. Box Step-Ups (24/20)
• Thanksgiving Holiday Schedule: will be announced soon
November Strength Cycle
Front/Back Squat / Push Jerk / Deadlift
• W1 - 10-8-6-8-6-4
• W2 - 8-6-4-6-4-2
• W3 - 6-4-2-4-3-2
• W4 - 12-10-8
• W5 - Test Front/Back Squat / Push Jerk / Deadlift
Schedule your no-sweat intro
Bell City CrossFit is a local CrossFit gym in Bristol, CT. Schedule a no-sweat intro to tour our facility!Schedule No Sweat Intro