Thank you to everyone who came out yesterday to support the Beekley Center for Breast Health & Wellness at Bristol Hospital. Together, we were able to raise over $1,100 all of which will be donated directly to the Breast Health Fund which helps uninsured patients in our community receive affordable breast health care.
We've posted some pictures from the event onto our FLICKR. Feel free to share some pics along with the Breast Cancer Awareness flyer so your friends and family have the opportunity to donate to the Fund!
At Bell City this week, we're heading into week 2 of our strength cycle. We'll see 8-6-4-6-4-2 wave loading of our Bench Press on Monday, Overhead or Front Squats on Wednesday and Power Cleans on Friday. Tuesday our skill session will revolve around the Bar Muscle Up and on Saturday, we'll see a new Benchmark workout named, "Beast of Burden"...
On Thursday, the Hero WOD "GOOD" will be programmed for all Group Classes at Bell City CrossFit to honor Lt. Dustin DeMonte and Sgt. Alex Hamzy on the one-year anniversary of their tragic passing. We welcome all Bell City CrossFit Members & Non-Members to join us on Thursday to participate in this Memorial Workout.
Here's your weekly rundown:
• MONDAY: (EFFORT) 8-6-4-6-4-2 Bench Press + AMRAP x 12 Minutes Jump Rope, Wallballs, Box Jumps
• TUESDAY: (EFFORT) ON A 10:00 RUNNING CLOCK...Practice Bar Muscle-Ups + For Time Row, Single Arm KB Cleans, BMU or Up Down Pull-Ups
• WEDNESDAY: (SPRINT) 8-6-4-6-4-2 Overhead or Front Squat + Squats/Bike/Squats
• THURSDAY: (GRIND) Hero WOD "GOOD" Row, DB Floor Press, Sandbag Run, Sandbag Squats, Box Jumps. Partner or Solo option
• FRIDAY: (HEAVY) 8-6-4-6-4-2 Power Cleans + EMOM x 12 Minutes 1 Deadlift, 2 Power Cleans, 3 Front Squats
• SATURDAY: (GRIND) "Beast of Burden" KB Suitcase Carry, Goblet Lunges, Chest to Bar Pull-Ups with Partner or Solo option
• 100-Day Burpee Challenge: DAY 25!! Thursday, September 14th through Friday, December 22nd!!
• Thursday, October 12th: Ofc. Hamzy & Sgt. DeMonte Hero WOD "GOOD" programmed for all group classes on the 1-year anniversary of their passing. Donations encouraged to the Fund the First fundraiser to benefit the Officer's families.
• Save the Date: Halloween Trunk or Treat/Party, Saturday, October 28th
• Saturday, November 11th: Hero WOD: "Chad". Extra Credit post workout prep coming soon!
October Strength Cycle
Power Clean / Overhead Squat / Bench Press
• W1 - 10-8-6-8-6-4
• W2 - 8-6-4-6-4-2
• W3 - 6-4-2-4-3-2
• W4 - 10-8-6
• W5 - Test Power Clean / Overhead Squat / Bench Press
Schedule your no-sweat intro
Bell City CrossFit is a local CrossFit gym in Bristol, CT. Schedule a no-sweat intro to tour our facility!Schedule No Sweat Intro