Congratulations to all of our members who put up some impressive Bench Press and Power Clean PRs last week!! This first wave loading cycle did not disappoint and I hope you all are excited to enter our second wave cycle focusing on Back/Front Squats, Push Jerk and Deadlift next week.
This week, we'll start the week with a 25 minute EMOM of running, single arm kettlebell work and sit-ups. Get amp'd up for Tuesday, because we'll be testing out our 1-rep Overhead or Front Squat! Wednesday will focus on gymnastics pulling skills, and there's a great For Quality piece on Thursday loaded with biking, sit-ups and back rack lunges.
We also have the Benchmark Workout "CHAD" programmed for Veteran's Day this Saturday, November 11th. This workout is dedicated to Chad Wilkinson, a US Navy Seal who took his own life in October, 2018 due to the effects of numerous deployments, several TBIs, blast wave injuries and PTSD. Due to the length of this workout, our Saturday classes will run at 8am and 9:30am.
You can register for the workout and contribute to the CHAD 1000X fundraiser supporting Veteran Mental Health HERE. All proceeds of the CHAD 1000X fundraiser will go to support Veteran Mental Health Initiatives through The Step Up Foundation which, in conjunction with Sara Wilkinson, will provide financial support to other nonprofits dedicated to Veteran Mental Health initiatives.
Burpee Challengers, we are officially over the half way mark!! Today is Day # 53, only 47 more days until you will have successfully completed this challenge! Keep moving forward!
Here's your weekly rundown:
• MONDAY: (EFFORT) EMOM x 25, Running, Single Arm Russian KB Swings, Sit-Ups
• TUESDAY: (HEAVY) On a 22:00 Running Clock build to a 1-Rep Overhead or Front Squat + AMRAP x 8 Minutes Front Squats & Jump Rope
• WEDNESDAY: (EFFORT) Practice Ring Muscle Ups, Pull-Ups, Chest to Bar Pull-Ups + "Devil on My Shoulders" Burpees, Ring Muscle Ups / Pull-Up + Push Up, Burpees
• THURSDAY: (QUALITY) Bike, Sit-Ups, Back Rack Lunges
• FRIDAY: (EFFORT) Every 3:00 x 3-Sets, 5-7 Pressing Options 3-5 Hang Power Snatches + AMRAP x 15 Minutes Row, Hang Power Snatch, Handstand Push-Ups/HR Push-Ups, Hang Power Snatches
• SATURDAY: (GRIND) "CHAD" Hero Workout 1,000 Box Step-Ups for Time with Partner Option available.
• 100-Day Burpee Challenge: DAY 53!! Thursday, September 14th through Friday, December 22nd!!
• Saturday, November 11th: Hero WOD: "Chad". Please note schedule change, 90 minute classes 8am and 9:30am
• Sunday, November 12th: Baby Shower Brunch for Coach Kathryn/Greg and Coach Erin/Brandon
• Thanksgiving Holiday Schedule (Thursday, November 23rd): will be announced soon
November Strength Cycle
Front/Back Squat / Push Jerk / Deadlift
• W1 - 10-8-6-8-6-4
• W2 - 8-6-4-6-4-2
• W3 - 6-4-2-4-3-2
• W4 - 12-10-8
• W5 - Test Front/Back Squat / Push Jerk / Deadlift
Schedule your no-sweat intro
Bell City CrossFit is a local CrossFit gym in Bristol, CT. Schedule a no-sweat intro to tour our facility!Schedule No Sweat Intro